Requesting a book for pickup or free home delivery
- Click on the title of a book to view the full record, then click the Availability link.
- Then click the Request button.
- Sign in, if prompted.
Select UMGC as the campus, and then sign in with your UMGC credentials.
- Select a pickup/delivery location and click send.
- Want to pick it up in Maryland?
Select any USMAI library or Priddy Library at Shady Grove. You will be notified when the book is available, and then you should pick it up within a week. Bring your UMGC Library Card to that library's circulation desk. Be sure and check the hours of operation. NOTE THAT UMGC IS NO LONGER A PICK-UP LOCATION.
This generally takes 3 - 5 business days.
- Want it delivered to you (for free)?
Select UMGC-UMGC Patrons Only and we will deliver the book to you. We will contact you and give you the following choices:
- Home delivery inside the continental US
We will deliver the book, via UPS, to your home address as entered in your Profile in MyUMGC. Books cannot be delivered to P.O. Box numbers.
This generally takes 1 - 2 weeks.
- Office delivery if you have an office at Adelphi
When the book is ready, we will offer you the option to have it delivered to your UMGC office via campus mail.
It generally takes 3 - 5 business days for the book to arrive at UMGC, then an additional 1 - 2 business days to deliver to your office.
- Delivery to APO/FPO addresses outside the continental US (faculty only)
We will deliver the book, via USPS, to your APO or FPO address as entered in your Profile in MyUMGC in MyUMGC.
- Delays for recalls
If you request a book that is currently checked out, it will be recalled from the current borrower. This may delay its arrival.